A classic design and sturdy craftsmanship make these handmade wooden (maple or oak) Sea Chests a smart choice for your retirement and home interior. Every custom laser engraved retirement sea chest comes with a built-in shadowbox and custom 3-layer matte work for your personal items, full cedar interior lining, a full 4-6 inch deep pull-out shelf, (optional 2/3 length pull-out cedar shelf, 1/3 length pull-out pine coin holder), tempered-glass, (optional tempered-glass window) to display a cutlass or combo cover in the front of the chest. Plus, plenty of room to hold all of your old uniforms, award certificates, personal items, and whatever prized possessions you will want to store for generations.
Every Sea Chest is handcrafted with exceptional attention to detail to ensure a one-of-a-kind individual design, typically within 4-6 weeks. The handcrafted nature of this product will produce minor differences in design, and sizing. Subtle variations in stain will occur from piece to piece, adding to the unique qualities of the individual Sea Chest.
Customers must provide their personal items to be displayed within the shadowbox; Ribbons/Medals, Challenge Coin(s), Rank Insignias, Warfare Devices, etc... and any other personal items depicting your Military Service. I will return all unused items. (These items must be received within 2-3 weeks after starting to ensure timely delivery of your sea chest prior to retirement).
All custom Sea Chests are made with Maple or Oak Wood and include the following items:
- Custom Laser Designing (Front, Back, Interior/Exterior Lid, Right/Left Sides, and Shadowbox)
- Custom Shadowbox Lid (Choice of display, interior or exterior view, or pullout version)
- Full Cedar Lining (Including Rail)
- 2 Locking Hasps with 2 Davy Jones Iron Locks
- Brass Corner Protectors (16 corners)
- Interior Shadowbox Design/Consult (custom 3 layer matte work based on your preference)
- Individual Stain Choice (your choice, lighter colors always show more detail) and 2 coat Polyurethane Protection
- Custom Handmade Rope Handles with laser work on the caps
- 4-6 inch Deep Full Length Pull-out Shelf (with laser work on all 4 sides, cedar lined)
- 3/16 Custom Tempered Glass (not cheap plexi-glass)
- Mounting of all Personal Items in the Shadowbox Lid
- (Optional 2/3 Pull-out Shelf (with laser work) $$
- (Optional 1/3 Custom Interior Pull-out Coin Holder (with laser work) $$
- (Optional) Glass fronts for Cutlass, Combo Cover, etc $$$
- Custom Fabrication... If you don't see it, just ask me to build it!
The 'Brew Original' Sea Chest
(Trunk: 37inL x 26inH x 21.5inW, Lid: 37inL x 4.5inH x 21.5inW)
** I request a 50% deposit before fabricating any Sea Chest. **
** Full payment is required before any product will be shipped. **
** Please plan accordingly, all Sea Chest's will be delivered to your local warehouse for pickup or residence via Old Dominion Freight Line on a pallet via a pallet jack.
** The Sea Chest weighs approximately 235+/- pounds! **
The average delivery charge for a fully assembled Sea Chests / Foot Lockers will run approximately
$400-$600, I prefer to use Old Dominion Freight Liners or Averitt Freight Liners. This price includes all shipping materials (pallet, shipping blankets, straps, cardboard, etc) and a warehouse and/or residence drop off. (It's always cheaper when I send it to the local warehouse and you drive over to pick the item up). This site will save you $100s of dollars in shipping over UPS/FEDEX.