A classic design and sturdy craftsmanship make these handmade wooden (maple or oak) Sea Chests a smart choice for your retirement and home interior. Every custom laser engraved retirement sea chest comes with a built-in shadowbox and custom double layer matte for your personal items, full cedar interior lining. A optional full 4-6 inch deep pull-out shelf is available, (2/3 length pull-out cedar shelf, 1/3 length pull-out coin holder), tempered-glass, (optional tempered-glass window) to display a cutlass or combo cover in the front of the chest. Plus, plenty of room to hold all of your old uniforms, award certificates, personal items, and whatever prized possessions you will want to store for generations.
Every Sea Chest is handcrafted with exceptional attention to detail to ensure a one-of-a-kind individual design, typically within 4-6 weeks. The handcrafted nature of this product will produce minor differences in design, and sizing.
Customers must provide their personal items to be displayed within the shadowbox; Ribbons/Medals, Challenge Coin(s), Rank Insignias, Warfare Devices, etc... and any other personal items depicting your Military Service. I will return all unused items. (These items must be received within 2-3 weeks after starting to ensure timely delivery of your sea chest prior to retirement).
All custom Sea Chests are made with Maple or Oak Wood and include the following items:
- Custom Laser Designing (Front, Back, Interior/Exterior Lid, Right/Left Sides, and duty station plate)
- Custom Shadowbox Lid (Choice of display, interior or exterior Lid view, or pullout version)
- Full Cedar Lining (Including Rail)
- Brass Corner Protectors (16 corners)
- Interior Shadowbox Design/Consult (custom double layer matte work based on your preference)
- Custom Handmade Rope Handles with laser work on the caps
- 1/8 Custom Tempered Glass (not cheap plexi-glass)
- Mounting of all Personal Items in the Shadowbox
- (Optional 2/3 Pull-out Shelf (with laser work) $$
- (Optional 1/3 Custom Interior Pull-out Coin Holder (with laser work) $$
- (Optional) Glass fronts for Cutlass, Combo Cover, etc $$$
- Custom Fabrication... If you don't see it, just ask me to build it!
The 'Brew Original' Sea Chest
(Trunk: 37inL x 26inH x 21.5inW, Lid: 37inL x 4.5inH x 21.5inW)
** I request a 50% deposit before fabricating any Sea Chest. **
** Full payment is required before any product will be shipped. **
** Please plan accordingly, all Sea Chest's will be delivered to your local warehouse for pickup or residence via Oak Harbor Freight Line or Partner Co. on a pallet via a pallet jack.
** The Sea Chest weighs approximately 225+/- pounds! **
The average delivery charge for a fully assembled Sea Chests / Foot Lockers will run approximately
$400-$600, I prefer to use Oak Harbor Freight Liners for they are the most competitive. This price includes all shipping materials (pallet, shipping box, straps, cardboard, etc) and a warehouse and/or residence drop off. (It's always cheaper when I send it to the local warehouse and you drive over to pick the item up). This site will save you $100s of dollars in shipping over UPS/FEDEX.